[Freeswitch-users] "barge in" implementation with mod_socket and eavesdrop

Artem Shiyanov shiyanov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:22:19 PDT 2009

Hello!

I'm trying to implement "barge in" functionality (see
http://www.yourdictionary.com/telecom/barge-in) with "eavesdrop" but still
with no success.

The situation is:
- Person A calls to the extension:
<extension name="some_ext">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^900.$">
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="park"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

- I bridge him with person B with help of mod_socket:
SendMsg <some_uuid>
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: bridge
execute-app-arg: <person B address in form: "user/...">

- A and B talks

- Person C decides to barge in the call A<-->B (to become a third
participator in the call)
a) I send (mod_socket):
SendMsg <C_uuid>
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: eavesdrop
execute-app-arg: <A_uuid or B_uuid, result is the same>

b) Then, as the spec says (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_eavesdrop)
I sent DTMF "3" with
api uuid_send_dtmf <C_uuid> 3
but it doesn't work. I mean that A can hear B and vice verse, but both A and
B can't hear C. C also doesn't hear neither A nor B.

If I press "3" on the C's softphone (latest X-Lite) then, really, C becomes
a full-capabilities participator of the call.
Instead of "uuid_send_dtmf" I tried:
1)
sendevent DTMF
Unique-ID: <C_uuid>
DTMF-Digit: 3
DTMF-Duration: 2000

2) first make queue_dtmf for the <C_uuid>, and then eavesdrop

3)
SendMsg <C_uuid>
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: gentones
execute-app-arg: 3

4)
SendMsg <C_uuid>
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: send_dtmf
execute-app-arg: 3

And none of these methods leads to the "barged in" call.

Anyone knows how to press "3" programmatically on behalf of the given
channel with mod_socket?!

Artem