[Freeswitch-users] Chat redirect

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 11 22:21:20 PDT 2009

I am anxious to provide my first real patch into FreeSWITCH and since this
looked like a good candidate, I looked at the code for a little while and I
have a few thoughts about the subject.

FreeSWITCH (mod_sofia) does not route chat messages to endpoints who are not
reachable (obviously). If you look at the API, the mod_sofia won't even take
the message if endpoint is not registered and will respond with "Cannot find
user".

So, basically, to implement what you are looking for, you need to have hooks
set upon message receival (from mod_sofia point of view). mod_sofia only
sends events on ESL when message has been sent to the destination endpoint.

The way I see, there are 2 options here. The quick way and the hard (not so
hard) way. The quick way is to just fire an event when registered user is
not found and it will depende on something external to replay the message
when user is offline.

The longer way is to make the core queue offline messages and deliver them
when user register.

What I would like to hear from the core dudes is, which one is wanted? None
is a good answer too.

Regards,

jmesquita