[Freeswitch-users] ESL C questions

Remko Kloosterman R.Kloosterman at mtel.nl
Mon Sep 7 06:26:51 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I wonder, is ESL documentation available for C or does someone have
something in draft? I'm trying to write an outbound socket application
for some generic IVR features. I didn't find exactly that on the wiki
except TODO J. The perl/ruby/javascript pages help a bit and the
libs/esl source code provides examples that seem useful for trial and
error, but I'd rather understand a bit more first.

Right now I have a socket server that forks a process, answers a call,
generates beep and plays voice. How can I retrieve digits? Place an
outbound call and bridge both legs or retrieve a cause if the call
failed? Send/receive SIP INFO? Disconnect the call with some cause code?
And all that (and some more) in C. Any help or pointers is appreciated.

Thanks,

Remko