[Freeswitch-users] Set disable-transcoding in dialplan

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Sun Sep 6 23:06:24 PDT 2009

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your help, cause I've been able to set G729 when needed.
What did the trick is the use of 'absolute_codec_string' defined using
application set.

I already tried to use this variable but using it like this:
<action application="bridge"
data="{absolute_codec_string='G729'}sofia/gateway/${default_gateway}/$1"/>

But I've never been successful using it this way.

When I tried:  <action application="set"
data="absolute_codec_string=G729"/>
Everything went fine.

If others could check that absolute_codec_string doesn't work as
expected when used with application bridge and that it's not related to
my setup (I don't think so, but...), I'll open a jira ticket for the devs.

regards,
rod