[Freeswitch-users] Minimum/Recommended Freeswitch System Configuration

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Fri Sep 4 14:21:07 PDT 2009

Jerry,

As far as I understand freeswitch, it using kernel to thread and this
operation eats good amount of RAM, but since the internal strructure
of fs is to store all these sip details in runtime sqlite db, which is
compressed text data earlier written in XML but while fs loads this
configs it gets it in sqlite and that's what it used instead of
asterisks astdb.

Although what you see as recommended config for 500 users is true but
it also depends on which processor you are trying this on. Intel or
AMD is still ok but if you trying it on arm I don't have any data as
such, interestingly if you have some test hardware scenario you can
actually test and let us all know about it, it's quite useful bit of
info that can be positioned on the FS Wiki, in case you want to take
this experiment offlist do write to me, im interested to document :)

Look forward to hear from you,

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,