[Freeswitch-users] Proxy authorization

Dmitry Bely dmitry.bely at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:43:18 PDT 2009

I'm started to suspect another thing.. Successful register (SIP phone) contains

REGISTER sip:Domain SIP/2.0

while unsuccessful one is

REGISTER sip:1.2.3.4 SIP/2.0

What parameter is responsible for Request-URI? Note that I need both
IP address for proxy and symbolic name for SIP domain  (which is not
mapped the resolvable DNS name).

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Brian West<brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Try filling out contact-host too.  But if the far end gets pissed about your
> contact they are broken.
> /b
> On Sep 4, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Dmitry Bely wrote:
>
> Well, you are right. Looks like the problem is not with authorization
> but in the line
>
>  Contact: <sip:gw+1.2.3.4 at 5.6.7.8:5080;transport=udp>
>
> that the gateway would like to see as
>
>  Contact: <sip:username at 1.2.3.4>
>
> I've found (almost undocumented) parameter extension-in-contact, but
> it still gives
>
>  Contact: <sip:username at 5.6.7.8:5080;transport=udp>

- Dmitry Bely