[Freeswitch-users] Proxy authorization

Dmitry Bely dmitry.bely at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:22:47 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Brian West<brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> I cannot change the way SIP Authentication works.  The first register is
> always sent without an authorization header then is challenged.  If you're
> getting an instant 403 then you have something wrong in your config and the
> remote system doesn't like it.  Please contact your provider and ask them to
> troubleshoot it with you.
> /b

Well, you are right. Looks like the problem is not with authorization
but in the line

  Contact: <sip:gw+1.2.3.4 at 5.6.7.8:5080;transport=udp>

that the gateway would like to see as

  Contact: <sip:username at 1.2.3.4>

I've found (almost undocumented) parameter extension-in-contact, but
it still gives

  Contact: <sip:username at 5.6.7.8:5080;transport=udp>

(1.2.3.4 is my IP address, 5.6.7.8 is gateway's one). Any idea how to
overcome this?

> On Sep 4, 2009, at 3:43 AM, Dmitry Bely wrote:
>
> Alas, I cannot change the way the provider's gateway works. It
> immediately responses with 403... BTW, it's Mera Damos
> (http://www.mera-systems.com ?). No workaround possible?

- Dmitry Bely