[Freeswitch-users] SIP Proxy with direct media path

Dmitry Gromov gromovd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:02:18 PDT 2009

Hi!

I was a long time user of MySipSwitch service (www.mysipswitch.com) but it
looks like they are planning to close their service. I can't use the
replacement they have and would actually prefer some locally installed
solution.

Question - is it possible to use FreeSwitch exactly like MySipSwitch - just
SIP Proxy with very flexible dial plan?
With MySipSwitch it is possible to:
- register service with multiple SIP providers as client
- register your ATA with MySipSwitch
- create smart dial plan (in Ruby) to route calls based on prefixes and/or
call source and some other logic
- accept and route calls from all registered providers

MySipSwitch does not have any media capabilities - RTP is always established
directly between call parties (no re-Invites either).

If this is possible - is there any beginner guide for this?

Also - I know that FreeSwitch could run in Windows as well as in Linux -
would it be possible to use the above functionality in both OSes?

Thanks,
Dmitry

--
DG