[Freeswitch-users] Downloaded tar vs latest SVN - 200 OK has more headers

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:15:54 PDT 2009

Brian,

  This bothers me a bit.

  Of course they are "valid".  Anything prefixed with X- should be
ignored by the remote end unless they are specifically looking for it.

  However:

1)  We all know that just because the spec says they are valid doesn't
make it so with every vendor.
2)  As long as these headers are being attached people are going to
keep coming to the list with issues because of them.
3)  Attaching (seemingly arbitrary) headers like this breaks "interop
agreements" that we (the users) have with carriers and other vendors.
Every header we add is another reason why $CARRIER will refuse to
support me because "my INVITE doesn't match what I had during interop
testing".
4)  Why do we /need/ these headers in the first place?  What is using
them?  If we don't really, really, really need them they shouldn't be
there.
5)  Depending on the reason for them being there, this should still be
configurable.  I just don't see why not.  Obviously we could always
just patch the code (Sonus log statements :) but that probably
shouldn't be necessary here.

  I'm not trying to be difficult; I'm just looking for a better
explanation and real discussion.