[Freeswitch-users] Domain Question

freeswitch noob freeswitch.noob at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:42:11 PDT 2009

I have a noobish question about setting up FS.

I have it installed and running.

I setup a soft client on the machine fs is on and point it to the ip address
of the FS instance and it registers with no issues.

I then setup an entry in my etc/hosts files "mydomain.localhost" and changed
the domain in the soft client.

The registration now fails. with the soft phone giving a 503 error "service
unavailable"

And I am watching the cli and I see no errors come through with the domain
but I see it register with the IP :(

I change it back to the ip address and it works.

Any direction you guys could point me in would be great.