[Freeswitch-users] macros for performing repeated dialplan actions?

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sun Oct 18 13:09:07 PDT 2009

rupa at rupa.com (Rupa Schomaker) writes:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Simon J Mudd <sjmudd at pobox.com> wrote:
> > I've other plans like:
> >
> > 1. choose the cheapest gateway based on some scripts which download
> > rates from the various gateways web pages and let me compare rates.
> > Hard partly as the "charges pages" aren't designed to allow me to
> > match a number to a charge. Shame the VoIP community can't come up
> > with a common format "charge/rate file" to make this easier.
>
> Look at mod_lcr.  The only part you have to write is the part that
> loads the database from your providers.

Sounds good. Thanks for the pointer.

> > 2. Try one gateway and if that fails try another one. Many of the
> > gateways I've been using are low cost and don't always work, so to
> > avoid me having to adjust things each time this might be useful.
>
> bridge to ${lcr_auto_route} after calling the lcr application.

You make it sound easy in FreeSWITCH. :-)

> > 3. Remove a lot of the "intelligence" about what to do to a backend
> > script/program or whatever which decides how to route calls and tells
> > FreeSWITCH what it decides. This may not scale for a large setup but
> > for SOHO is never going to be an issue. It also avoids me writing so
> > many xml configuration files which seems to get spread all over
> > various places of the conf/ tree.
>
> This is for incoming calls to your DIDs?  Or something else?  I'm not
> sure what you mean here.

Well it seems/ed that the dialplan actions and xml files get complex
if you want to do anything complicated. however it seems that I'm
doing things the wrong way and perhaps that's part of the problem.

I'll look at the mod_lcr and see how it works.

Thanks for the pointers.

Simon