[Freeswitch-users] Detecting Forwarding Device Caller ID (Off Topic)

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:47:55 PDT 2009

Hey Guys,

Pleas help me answer the following question. Sorry for being a bit
off-topic.  I have a GSM-VoiP modem with just 4 SIM Cards. Is there a known
mechanism that allows me to use this modem for more than 4 (albeit not at
the same time) GSM numbers?  Let's say the phone numbers of the SIM cards
inserted in the modem are call real phone numbers. My goal is to have some
10 additional virtual phone numbers served by this very same modem.

One way i thought this could be done is by forwarding the virtual phone
numbers the 4 real phone numbers. Then, when somebody calls one of the
virtual numbers, the Telco will forward it to the real phone number and it
will end on Freeswitch box. My only problem is now that on the Freeswitch
box I have no idea what virtual phone number was actually dialed. Any idea
how to recover this phone number? I looked at the GSM specification and
couldn't find a way.

PS. Purchasing DIDs won't solve my underlying problem.

Thanks,
Max.