[Freeswitch-users] Dingaling: using a hostname instead of stun for rtp

Mark Campbell-Smith mcampbellsmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:10:01 PDT 2009

Thanks for the response Mike and Brian.

Using stun is not a problem and I have it working okay now.  Is there
something different in the implementation of the stun lookup between
dingaling and sofia?

I normally use stun.freeswitch.org and sofia never had a problem.

It doesn't matter which stun server I use with dingaling (I have tried
with numerous servers) and the same thing seems to happen.  The first
stun lookup fails with a timeout (on the first inbound call), and then
if another dingaling call is tried directly, the second stun lookup
works.

I noticed a similar behaviour by issuing the stun command from fs_cli

Thanks