[Freeswitch-users] macros for performing repeated dialplan actions?

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Thu Oct 15 08:03:56 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

msc at freeswitch.org (Michael Collins) writes:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Simon J Mudd <sjmudd at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to build up a soho dialplan to replicate an existing Asterisk
> > setup I want to replace.

> > My question is how do I avoid repeatedly using these same 8-9 lines and
> > "merge" this into some macro which given the right parameters allows me
> > to define various extensions using different gateways but all configured
> > "the same way"?
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers to how this should be done.
>
> Try using the execute_extension app. It's kinda like a gosub in BASIC: it'll
> go and execute an extension and then come back and continue executing. Put
> all those lines into a single extension and then call them from other
> extensions via execute_extension.

OK. That looks clear. However it doesn't look as if it's possible to
pass parameters this way which means that data can only be passed to
the "extension" via variables. That works but isn't so clean. I'll
check this out further shortly. I'm planning later to pass info like
"which gateway to talk to" and perhaps some sort of flag which
indicates "record: yes/no", and even include the bridge application
into this extension/macro.  That reduces the original dialplan pattern
matching to a much simpler and easier to configure setup for me.

excecute_extension does avoid a lot of redundancy, so thanks for the
pointer.  I'll get that working first.

Simon