[Freeswitch-users] SIP Overlap support?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:47:28 PDT 2009

> once you have 123456 won't you still be unsure if he will type the next 1 or
> not and be forced to refuse it and wait anyway?

basically you are right. BUT, we know, that a basic phone number has 6
digits - so, we do not have to check anything before. as soon as we
have 6 digits, we look in our database for this number. a flag in the
database tells us, if this number is allowed to use ddi (further
digits) or not. if the number is not allowed, we can answer the call
directly without any further waiting.
other numbers are maked to have 2 ddi's - here we know, that we have
to wait for 2 more digits, before we answer.
if a number can have 6 digits or 8 digits, you are right, we have to
wait anyway.

but without having overlap, there is ALWAYS a waiting time.

we would like to make the answer-times as short as possible. if no
waiting is needed, we do not want to wait.

we would like to tell fs to send a 484 response incomplete to the
cirpack of our carrier if we need/want more digits.
perhaps this works with fs, but not with "socket outbound", which we are using?

we know, that this is more work for our servers, but they are powerful
enough and have enough resources, that they should be able to handle
that.
of course we do not want to become to experimental, because fs works
so extremly smooth and reliable, that it is nearly unbelievable.