[Freeswitch-users] Dingaling: using a hostname instead of stun for rtp

Mark Campbell-Smith mcampbellsmith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:02:50 PDT 2009

Hi!

I have a hostname set in vars.conf.xml for the parameters
external_rtp_ip and the external_sip_ip instead of the usual stun.  I
found that stun was timing out and was causing some problems.  And as
I have a hostname, it makes sense to use that instead of relying on
stun.

However, when I use Dingaling, I see the following error message in
the dl_debug tracing:

<iq to="<FS_EMAIL>@gmail.com/gtalk77BBCB94" id="344" type="error"
from="<email1>@gmail.com/Talk.v10488E8134A">
  <ses:session type="candidates" id="3697758817"
initiator=""<email1>@gmail.com/Talk.v10488D9134A"
xmlns:ses="http://www.google.com/session">
    <ses:candidate name="rtp" address="host:<hostname>" port="30710"
username="nVv7FqwNyWbiMuTt" password="nVv7BqwQyVbiMuTt"
preference="1.0" protocol="udp" type="local" network="0"
generation="0"></ses:candidate>
  </ses:session>
  <error type="modify">
    <sta:bad-request
xmlns:sta="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"></sta:bad-request>
    <sta:text xml:lang="en"
xmlns:sta="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas">candidate has address
of zero</sta:text>
  </error>
</iq>

Is Gtalk expecting an address in this field '<ses:candidate name="rtp"
address="host:<hostname>"' instead of a hostname?  Or should FS be
sending the hostname only and not host:hostname?

Thanks!