[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal - call charged before H.225 connect

Claudiu Filip claudiu at globtel.ro
Wed Oct 7 05:40:57 PDT 2009

Hi Tihomir,

   I've  done  some  tests  to  see  how  suitable  is freeswitch as a
   SIP/H323  translator  and  you  are  right about the fact that H323
   'alert+open  logical  channel'  will generate a SIP '200 OK'. I was
   able  to fix that with a couple of changes in mod_opal.cpp, however
   some  things  were changed on mod_sofia in the latest svn. (on this
   particular  issue,  open_logical_channel  is  processed  BEFORE the
   alerting,   so   the   call   is   in   SetupPhase  when  the  proc
   OnOpenMediaStream is triggered)

   The  most  important  problem  I'm having right now is that G729 is
   still  not  working (poor quality due to high buffering). Even with
   the  latest  Opal,  which  includes  the last week patch for jitter
   buffer.  If  you  dont  need G729, I could send you a patch for the
   latest svns (freeswitch, opal, ptlib), ofc no founding needed.

   There are a couple of bugs in opal itself and h323ing freeswitch
   with opal will bring them in. On the other hand, mod_opal is
   already there, it just needs a few adjustments.

Best wishes,

Claudiu Filip