[Freeswitch-users] problem with compiling freeswith

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:00:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

Is this just me who is having this problem?  I can't compile the latest
freeswitch source code and here is the error:

checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
./configure: line 3377: syntax error near unexpected token `echo'
./configure: line 3377: `echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for a BSD-compatible
install" >&5'
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure.gnu' failed for libs/tiff-3.8.2
[root at localhost freeswitch-snapshot]#

Does anyone know why?

woody