[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly Conference Call Followup, Agenda For This Week

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Oct 5 12:03:27 PDT 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for calling in to the weekly FreeSWITCH conference call. Last
week's agenda was rather light, so if you have things that you would like to
have discussed please be sure to add them here:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2009_10_09

Here are a few updates for everyone to keep in mind:
* Starting with the upcoming meeting (Oct 9) the conference will support
48kHz CELT codec.
* When you call in, please mute your phone if you are just listening or if
you will not be speaking a lot. Background noise from one user isn't usually
too bad, but when 10 or 15 people are not muted it can get a little
distracting. :)
* We are always looking for people to help out. If you are looking for ways
to help out then please by all means call the conference. If you cannot call
the conference for some reason but still want to help out, please email me
off list. We have numerous documentation, janitorial, code review, etc.
sub-projects that FreeSWITCH users can help with.
* Be sure to update to latest SVN trunk and test test test! We are prepping
for 1.0.5 and more people testing means a more stable release delivered more
quickly.

One topic that came up was the testing of Mike van Lammerman's Ultramonkey
setup. (http://bit.ly/8zZUS) Several people agreed to try it out. We would
love to see others try it out and report back their experiences.

Lastly, we'd like to thank everyone who has been helping out with testing,
documentation, and answering questions on the email list and IRC channels. A
special thanks to Diego Viola for doing lots of wiki cleanup lately.
Everyone's efforts are appreciated.

-Michael