[Freeswitch-users] Fail over

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Mon Oct 5 02:15:24 PDT 2009

hi,

FreeSWITCH "as is" have no live fail-over support, but this will change.

A live fail-over and redundancy mechanism is part of what SIGTRAN provides of added values. I am working on this, but it will take time before this is on a functional stage and available.

Also - SIGTRAN only provide failover and redundancy on L2/L3 signalling or higher.

This will however not provide failover on E1/T1 hardware level. The later can be achieved by different techniques, but the easiest is if the xternal switch is configured to re-connect a lost call on a different E1/T1. Most proper switches can provide this service.

Jan