[Freeswitch-users] New to freeswitch and have a few questions

Orien Love orien at tx.rr.com
Thu Oct 1 18:11:40 PDT 2009

Hello Everybody,
    I am new to freeswitch, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. I
am planning a test setup consisting of:
    1 - Pfsense router with the freeswitch package installed.
    1 - Cisco WS-C3524-PWR-XL-EN 24 FE Switch, POE for the phones.
    1 - LINKSYS SPA3000 to connect to my existing land line and phones.
    2 - POLYCOM SOUNDPOINT IP601 SIP IP PHONEs

The first question I have, Are the IP601 phones supported? The wiki
lists 320, 431, 501, 550, 650 but not the 601.

Second, is there a place that helps a person new to the IP phone world
learn what is needed to set up a PBX using freeswitch at a small office?

Finally is my test setup a good one? is there something I am missing or
that I need to get the learning process started, I have found in the
past, with a little information and a test system, I can learn what I am
doing by breaking and fixing the test bed.

Thanks for your time
Orien