[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch 1.0.4 problems with music on hold

Durk de Beer durk.debeer at isp.solcon.nl
Mon Oct 19 00:11:24 PDT 2009

Hello,

This is something I came across on Freeswitch 1.0.4

First let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I want Free-Switch to behave as a proxy so in the settings section of Sofia.conf.xml I use

and

As fare as I am able to follow the RTP stream it is passing by Freeswitch making it a proxy.

So far so good. Now I want to serv music on hold if a call is put on hold.

The only way I am able to find for Freeswitch to serv music on hold (MOH) is for it to be in media.

Ok we've got a command for this situation namely

Ok if I put the last parram command into the Sofia.conf.xml Freeswitch is starting to behave funny.

Let me try to explain this by an example. Let suppose Alice is calling Bob without the last command, the “resume media on hold”.

If Bob puts Alice on hold al is silent on Bob's and Alice's phone.

If Bob takes Alice of hold there's two way audio.

Ok no I put the command in sofia.onf.xml, the “resume media on hold”.

Now Alice is calling Bob again and Bob is putting her on hold again.

You are expecting MOH on this moment but it isn't, all there is are the sounds of silence.

Ok mistake made checking local streams, and they are there?. Yes it is.

Ok other mistake, didn't put the “hold-music”command in sofia.conf.xml. Noop it's in there so there must be MOH. Codecs then?.

Noop there in vars.xml. Ok for me it is time to throw in the towel, I'll find it out later.
Ok Bob is now taking Alice of hold and surprise surprise there is only one way audio, between Alice and Bob.

I didn't have the time to look with Wireshark where al the steams go so sorry for that.
Did anyone came across the same problem with Freeswitch 1.0.4. I've a 1.0.2 running and that is doing everything a ok.

Kind regards,

 Durk