[Freeswitch-users] Polycom 501 conferencing with FreeSwitch

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 07:47:39 PST 2009

Hello,

  I am trying to set a Polycom 501 phone to do conferencing via the
conference room on Freeswitch rather than on the phone (as on the phone it
is limited to 3 participants only). Anyone had success with it?

I have on the Freeswitch  an extension named Conf.* which activates the
conference application (it works with other brands). On the Polycom I tried
to define
voIpProt.SIP.*conference*.address=sip:Conf0000 at freeswitch-server.  The phone
continues to create the conference locally and add the above Conf0000 to it,
without  REFERing the parties to it. The first phone which called is left on
hold...

Anyone managed to make this feature work? We use firmware 3.1.3.

                       Thanks! __Yehavi: