[Freeswitch-users] Accessing custom SIP headers

Simon Woodhead simon.woodhead at me.com
Sat Nov 28 09:47:04 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me get at custom headers in the dial-plan. I've
read about X- headers being accessible but need to get at some X_ headers
passed through from a proxy. Reading the info app docs, the X shouldn't
actually matter but no matter which way I try I always seem to get a null
result.

An example header in an INVITE is:

X_ACCOUNTCODE: XXXXXX.

I've tried the following dial-plan structures hoping one might work but none
do:

<action application="set"
data="accountcodea=${variable_sip_h_X_ACCOUNTCODE}" />
<action application="set" data="accountcodeb=${variable_sip_h_ACCOUNTCODE}"
/>
<action application="set" data="accountcodec=${sip_h_X_ACCOUNTCODE}" />
<action application="set" data="accountcoded=${sip_h_ACCOUNTCODE}" />

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon