[Freeswitch-users] Recording with Native File PCMU

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:35:08 PST 2009

Yeah, that's why I had to record to two files(read&write) and need to mix
together by using sox.  Do you only try to using PCMU to save CPU power
matt? As Anthony said, the difference can be ignored. And you also need to
take extra effort to make sure transcoding will not happen on a
conversation.

But it maybe useful for expensive codecs like g729, iLBC, speex etc for
recording heavy scenarios. I'd like to take a look if there is a 5k bounty
;)