[Freeswitch-users] Recording with Native File PCMU

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:53:55 PST 2009

I tried removing the codec file extension from uuid_record and
session_record but I'm still unable to record a file in native format for a
bridged call.

record WORKS!, but uuid_record and session_record do not want to record in
native format. do uuid_record and session_record work with native format? or
is it not going to be possible to record a bridged call in native
format?...maybe because there are two different channels with a bridged
call?

If it isn't going to be possible, what's the best format to record bridged
calls in that conserves the most processing power? .wav?

Thanks.

--matt

DEBUG logs from console: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/11283

Lua script:
api = freeswitch.API();
--record = api:execute("sched_api", '+1 none uuid_record
'..session:getVariable("uuid")..' start /tmp/my_recording');
--session:execute("record", "/tmp/my_recording");
session:execute("record_session", "/tmp/my_recording");
session:execute("playback", "somefile.wav");