[Freeswitch-users] Building in a builddir using --srcdir optionbut modules still build in srcdir

Robert Hadley robert.hadley at teotech.com
Mon Nov 23 11:54:19 PST 2009

Thanks Mike.

modmake.rules is created in the $(switch_builddir)/build.

What I see as the problem is in src/mod/Makefile.am

There is a statement line 12 that points moddir to the source

            if test -d "$(switch_srcdir)/src/mod/$$confmoddir" ; then \

                        moddir = "$(switch_srcdir)/src/mod/$$confmoddir" ;

And then the statements starting around line 22 that cd to moddir (in src)
and fire off make

            if test -f "$$moddir/Makefile" ; then \                    <--
Yep, this will be true

                        cd $$moddir && . && $(MAKE)

I'm not sure what to change to get it to build in $(switch_builddir), and
getting the source automatically from $(switch_srcdir).  My old-fashion
brute-force idea is to symlink the source src/mod/subdirs in the build
src/mod/subdirs right before line 12, changing line 12 to use
$(switch_builddir).

Does anybody have a better idea?

Thanks,

Robert