[Freeswitch-users] Question about rtp-timeout-sec variable

Maciej Aniserowicz maciej.aniserowicz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:00:39 PST 2009

Hello,
I have 2 instances of FS: one controlled by my application (making calls
with TCP commands, recording sessions, listening to events etc) and one
acting as a remote gateway to which all users register. When I leave the
default values of rtp-timeout-sec and brutally kill x-lite during
conversation, the 'hangup' event with 'media_timeout' cause is obviously
sent after the default 5 minutes (and until then, the other leg is still
connected to a 'dead' channel).
The question is: which FS instance is responsible for terminating the
connection after timeout? Only the 'remote' FS instance config seems to
work. I thought that the shortest configured value should cause the timeout,
but it's not the case. Am I missing something, or is this the correct
behavior?

Regards,
Maciej Aniserowicz