[Freeswitch-users] Using odbc in FS core

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 08:14:59 PST 2009

we had the code slightly out of order, you should update to latest trunk for
the right version.

The test of 2 deletes is to see if your odbc driver will fail when trying to
execute 2 statements at once so I can properly
fail over to sqlite because transactions are mandatory for a database
running core in odbc.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Mike Tkachuk <mike at yes.net.ua> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  Looks like the issue is not in multi statements in one request.
>  Manually creating DB schema helped and everything started up.
>  I will continue testing
>
>  Also in code I see such construction:
>  > switch_cache_db_execute_sql(dbh, "begin;delete from channels where
> hostname='';delete from channels where hostname='';commit;", &err);
>  Anyone can explain why to do such delete twice and in transaction?
>
>  Thanks.
>

> Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:41:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> MT> Hello Folks,
>
> MT>  I'm interesting in completely moving away from sqlite and use
> MT>  postgresql everywhere including core ( switch_core.c )
>
> MT>  All other applications can use odbc without issues (sofia, limit,
> MT>  fifo etc), but as I see in core only sqlite3 supported.
>
> MT>  I correctly set 'core-db-dsn' parameter, but looks like the problem
> MT>  that latest psqlodbc_08_04_0100 don't support multiple statements in
> MT>  one request that is often used in switch_core_sqldb.c:
>
> >> sql = switch_mprintf(
> >>   "update channels set uuid='%q' where uuid='%q' and hostname='%q';"
> >>   "update calls set caller_uuid='%q' where caller_uuid='%q' and
> hostname='%q';"
> >>   "update calls set callee_uuid='%q' where callee_uuid='%q' and
> hostname='%q'",
> >>   switch_event_get_header_nil(event, "unique-id"),
> >>   ... SKIP ...
>
> MT>  So, does anyone have any clue how to us postgresql in the FS core?
>
> MT>  Thanks.
>
> MT> --
> MT> Mike Tkachuk
>

> --