[Freeswitch-users] XML config file parsing

Samuel Mukoti samuelmukoti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:48:03 PST 2009

Greetings,

I'm a new freeswitch user and am wondering what people do when setting
options in the freeswitch config files. Do people use special tools,
XML editors etc or is it just vi/emacs/Kate?

I'm a developer and was thinking of putting together a small editor to
manage my freeswitch server, something like freepbx,

I know it's not an easy undertaking but I'm sure it's well worth it.

Regards,

Samuel Mukoti
CEO
Melivo Business Systems

Mobile: +263912739405
Email: sam at melivo.com
Skype: samuelmukoti
Twitter: twitter.com/samuelmukoti

On 19 Nov,2009, at 8:02 AM, Rob Forman <rob4manhere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again UK,
>
> IVR is designed to naturally return to previous or top menus.  I don't
> think there's a way to change this default behavior.  Maybe its time
> to move to a script-based pin validation system so you have the full
> control you need.
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_JavaScript_Conference_IVR
>
> Rob
>
> On Nov 18, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Ujjval Karihaloo wrote:
>
>> I have used the following setting in ivr.conf.xml to setup
>> conferencing with moderator.
>>
>> However, the issue I have is - the user enters 123456 and then say
>> if it's a moderator they enter wrong Moderator PIN 3 times then it
>> takes the user back to the main menu..."conference_menu" and asks
>> for main conf pin (123456) once again.
>>
>> I would like the caller to be disconnected if they get into the
>> Moderator menu and enter wrong Moderator PIN 3 times.
>>
>>   <menu name="conference_menu"
>>         greet-long="welcome_please_enter_conference_pin.wav"
>>         greet-short="check_and_try_again.wav"
>>         invalid-sound="passcode_invalid.wav"
>>         exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
>>         timeout="10000"
>>         inter-digit-timeout="5000"
>>         max-failures="3"
>>         max-timeouts="3"
>>         digit-len="7">
>>     <entry action="menu-sub" digits="123456"
>> param="conference_123456_moderator_menu" /> <!-- conference
>> moderator menu -->
>>   </menu>
>>
>>   <menu name="conference_123456_moderator_menu"
>>         greet-
>> long
>> =
>> "conference_confirmed_enter_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join_as_participant
>> .wav"
>>         greet-short="check_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join.wav"
>>         invalid-sound="invalid_moderator_pin.wav"
>>         exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
>>         timeout="10000"
>>         inter-digit-timeout="5000"
>>         max-failures="3"
>>         max-timeouts="3"
>>         digit-len="5">
>>     <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1234" param="conference
>> 123456 at default+flags{moderator}" />
>>     <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1" param="conference
>> 123456 at default+flags{}" />
>>    </menu>
>>
>> </menus>
>>

>> Ujjval Karihaloo