[Freeswitch-users] Setting up Conference with Moderator

Ujjval Karihaloo ujjval at simplesignal.com
Wed Nov 18 21:34:02 PST 2009

I have used the following setting in ivr.conf.xml to setup conferencing with moderator.

However, the issue I have is - the user enters 123456 and then say if it's a moderator they enter wrong Moderator PIN 3 times then it takes the user back to the main menu..."conference_menu" and asks for main conf pin (123456) once again.

I would like the caller to be disconnected if they get into the Moderator menu and enter wrong Moderator PIN 3 times.

    <menu name="conference_menu"
          greet-long="welcome_please_enter_conference_pin.wav"
          greet-short="check_and_try_again.wav"
          invalid-sound="passcode_invalid.wav"
          exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
          timeout="10000"
          inter-digit-timeout="5000"
          max-failures="3"
          max-timeouts="3"
          digit-len="7">
      <entry action="menu-sub" digits="123456" param="conference_123456_moderator_menu" /> <!-- conference moderator menu -->
    </menu>

    <menu name="conference_123456_moderator_menu"
          greet-long="conference_confirmed_enter_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join_as_participant.wav"
          greet-short="check_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join.wav"
          invalid-sound="invalid_moderator_pin.wav"
          exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
          timeout="10000"
          inter-digit-timeout="5000"
          max-failures="3"
          max-timeouts="3"
          digit-len="5">
      <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1234" param="conference 123456 at default+flags{moderator}" />
      <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1" param="conference 123456 at default+flags{}" />
     </menu>

  </menus>

Ujjval Karihaloo
VP Voice Engineering