[Freeswitch-users] APT Utility

Shelby Ramsey sicfslist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:58:05 PST 2009

David,

apt is the pack management system for the debian line of distros
(including Ubuntu). Google apt-get or aptitude for more information on
the utility.

This probably isn't the best list for topics not related to FS (apt is a
linux utility) ... but here is a brief rundown:

apt-get install make flex patch gcc g++ autoconf automake libtool
libncurses5-dev ncurses-dev python-MySQLdb subversion -y
cd /usr/src
## DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO GET THE SRC (TRUNK IS BEST FOR NOW -- NO
STABLE RELEASE)##
svn checkout http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk freeswitch.trunk
or
svn checkout http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk freeswitch
cd freeswitch/
./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make
make install

Type that as you see it on the command line (do sudo -i and type in the
root password first).

I will say that FS requires some basic knowledge of Linux to get running
... and certainly to manage / maintain. Try digging around for some
Ubuntu how to's for some basic info.

Hope this helps.

SDR