[Freeswitch-users] mod_fifo and multi-tenancy

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Nov 18 13:36:34 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> About mod_fifo, it would be safe to use it in multi-tenancy scenarios where
> domains are created and deleted all the time and in consequence, fifos are
> created all the time? I mean, fifos are eventually destroyed by mod_fifo
> itself. Is this correct?
>
> br,
> takeshi

No, FIFOs are not "destroyed" automatically just because the last member
goes away. Tony says that an empty FIFO takes up almost no memory so
performance shouldn't be an issue. You can always issue the API command: *fifo
reparse del_all* to clean everything out if you feel like things are getting
out of hand.

-MC