[Freeswitch-users] Hardware echo cancellation.

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:39:18 PST 2009

I am about to build a new machine as a VOIP server. I am going to get
either a quad core intel or a six core AMD processor with at least
eight gigabytes of RAM in it.   Given that much horsepower I am
wondering if there is any need to purchase hardware with echo
cancellation (I am thinking about redfone devices)..  I can save some
money by not getting the echo cancellation.

So is it worth saving that money? Is it always better to have hardware
echo cancellation? Is a quad core capable of dealing with echo
cancellation needs of an IVR which is going to take lots of
simultaneous calls?

Thanks.