[Freeswitch-users] Problem with Siemens A580 IP Phones

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Nov 16 05:39:20 PST 2009

Just use the siemens to do the transfer.  Hit the menu key, select
internal (if you want to do an siemens-siemens transfer), select the
extension, hit talk, then menu and choose conference or transfer.  If
youw ant another extension, then choose external, dial the extension,
and the rest is the same.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:29 AM, VedaM <vedamaker at netscape.net> wrote:

> I discovered that the problem was due to having the incoming PSTN line
> connected to FS and the Siemens A580 base station.  The Siemens A580
> handsets were configured not to accept incoming calls from the PSTN but that
> does not seem work.  In any case, I have disconnected the PSTN line from the
> Siemens A580 base station but I am still not able to use FS to transfer
> incoming calls between the Siemens A580 handsets.  When I answer an incoming
> call with one handset (ext 1011) and use the "*1" DTMF command to transfer
> to another handset (ext 1012) the call is transferred to voicemail because
> the second handset (ext 1012) returns a 486 (Busy Here) status.  Since you
> are using the same phones, can you tell me if you are able to use FS to
> transfer calls between handsets?  If yes, how are you doing it?  Your help
> is appreciated.
>

> João Mesquita-4 wrote:
>>
>> I have the same phone and all works fine. Make sure you are setting DTMF
>> RFC2833 on the phone config page.
>>
>> This log is supposed to go on pastebin (http://pastebin.freeswitch.org),
>> not
>> here.
>>
>> Also, you are making a group call which makes you ring 2 endpoints at the
>> same time. Verify your dialplan and make sure that's what you need/want.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> JM

-Rupa