[Freeswitch-users] Forwarding calls to an outside number - OpenZAP

Adam Ford lists at redbonez.net
Wed Nov 11 16:20:37 PST 2009

Hi everybody,

I have setup a FreeSWITCH IP-PBX for my office using a T1 and Redfone
foneBridge2, which uses Openzap, for my connection to the PSTN.  I am trying
to figure out if it is possible to forward a call that comes in through the
T1/Openzap, back out to a PSTN number.

An example would be, I am going to be out of the office and need to forward
my office line to my cell phone.

I have read what I could find in the wiki about redirect and deflect, but
that appears to only deal with SIP providers/gateways.  Can I use these
applications with Openzap? And if so, what is the syntax for doing so?

I have also noted that I can simply bridge the call out another line on the
T1 through Openzap. However, that seems to tie up 2 lines just to forward a
call. This is not a desirable solution.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

-Adam