[Freeswitch-users] Displaying caller ID on LED?

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:01:44 PST 2009

I did something like this recently.    From the dial plan it is easy to
execute an external application on an incoming call with the caller's info.
At that point if you can just push it down to the LCD panel all the better,
but if your FS server is remote, and has no direct access to the client to
render the caller ID, you will have to setup a fake push to get instant
idea being the client connects up to the server, and the server blocks until
an incoming call comes in, it then responds to the client, and you have the
caller id fairly instantly showing up.   You could also use the event
socket, heck even maybe use the event socket remotely if you wanted to, and
then avoid some of the server side complexity too.

~Mitch