[Freeswitch-users] Cordless VOIP Phones

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Nov 10 06:56:23 PST 2009

2009/11/9 João Mesquita <jmesquita at freeswitch.org>:
> Beat me with a dead cat all you want but I rather the snom m3 than the
> Siemens A580IP.... Siemens has very low volume which makes its call quality
> suck despite of being ergonomic and all...

Did you flip hte option in the base station that tells it to make the
audio louder?

> That gigaset application sucks and the base station is slow as hell... Maybe
> I have a bad unit?

I didn't play with any of the gigaset specific stuff, I've disabled
any screen savers.  Maybe if I had the more "fancy" handsets the apps
would be more useful, but when using the base handset they are not.
Oh, and the weather is in C rather than F -- good for the rest of the
world but not for us in the US.

The base station is very slow with firefox but when I use chrome isn't
so bad.  Dunno if it was a combination of extensions or what.

Oh, and it looks like a new firmware came out for the Siemens today.
Wonder what it fixes (and breaks).  Hmm.. wonder where I can find a
list of whats new.

> The snom m3 has its downsides, but all and all, I am happy with the phone if
> you consider its price tag here in South America where a Polycom can easily
> cost over 200USD the cheapest unit.
>
> Regards,
>
> JM
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Anthony Minessale
> <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> asstra has one issue where if you look at them wrong they start telling
>> the server that the media ip is 0.0.0.0 which we have never identified but
>> they indeed seem to work better than snom m3

>>> Worst POS I have ever used, from a sound quality to ergonomics pov, tech
>>> support was as bad...
>>>
>>> I have Aastra 480i CT's which work well.
>>>
>>> jlc

>> --
>> Anthony Minessale II
>>
>> FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/