[Freeswitch-users] suggestions for hardware.

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sat Nov 7 11:07:55 PST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Orien Love <orien at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> First of all, Thanks to the help I received on my pfSense
> installation,
> especially to Michael.  I have a basic test system up and running. I
> am
> still waiting on some hardware but the base system is working!!!!
>
> I am looking on advice on how to set up a simple office PBX, 20 phones
> and 4 outside lines.with 2 or 3 "operator" phones and the rest will be
> extensions.
>
> Here is my plan, please let me know if it does not make sense, or if I
> am going about it
>
> System Hardware
>  4 spa3000's to handle the outside lines.
>  2-3 polycom 601 phones with expansion modules (Operator phones)
>  18 polycom 330 or other phones for desks.
>  2-24 port cisco POE switches
>  1 pfSense server.
>
> System Design.
>
>  Extension Numbers 2xx
>  Outside line access 1xxxxxxxxxx
>  groups 3xx
>  auto-attendent ???
>
> here are my questions
>    #1 will a 1.6 Ghz Intel Atom 230 single core 533 Mhz FSB and 2 GB
> of
> memory handle this proposed system? (Here is the MB I am thing of
> using
> MSI 609-9832-010 http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9832_010)

The FS devs don't endorse or recommend any specific hardware. However,
many FreeSWITCH user are quite vocal about the hardware they prefer so
we will let them speak. Just remember that YMMV depending on your
specific setup. That being said, it does not sound like your HW reqs
are very intense. Some of our members who've used the atom can
probably give you specific feedback.