[Freeswitch-users] Valid Dial Strings

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sat Nov 7 10:49:27 PST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 3:59 PM, "Dave Stevenson"
<stevendt at primrosebank.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone pointme to where the valid dialing strings are specified ?

For SIP dialstrings check here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#SIP-Specific_Dialstrings

Also, if you send us examples of what you've tried we can help you
figure out what's wrong.

> I'm assuming that something, somewhere, tells FS that numbers are
> invalid
> before they get dialed ?

Pastebin some debug logs of what's happening. Check out this page
which has lots of useful information on how to collect information:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs

It sounds like it's just a matter of figuring out how to configure
your specific setup. Please report back with more information and
we'll be happy to help.

-MC