[Freeswitch-users] no REINVITE on Blind Transfer with bypass_media

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:13:46 PST 2009

I did not ask you to send me a ladder diagram.
I asked you to send me a console trace from FreeSWITCH using latest trunk
(1.0.4 does not help me)

1) start FreeSWITCH
2) run the cli command: console loglevel debug
3) run the cli command: sofia profile internal siptrace on
4) reproduce your issue and put the trace on freeswitch pastebin
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org (login and pass are stated in the auth
dialog)

Also please answer brian's question.  What phones and/or sip devices are
involved in this call.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Humberto Quintana <hjqlopez at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your time,
>
> -The scenario is still the same:
>
> Always bypass media.
> Environment 100% NAT free :-)
> Call established from A to B through FS. Then...
> Blind transfer from B to C (Refer-to: C)
> RTP should go directly between A and C.
>

> -With 1.0.4 and 1.0.5pre3, FS actually INVITEs C after receiving the
> REFER-to:C, BUT there is no 2-way audio.  Only RTP from C to A (due to the
> lack of reINVITE to A, after C answers).
>
> Please check SIP diagram here:
>
> http://provision.netcelerate.net/ngrep/blindxfer2009-11-04-v1.0.5pre3.html
>

> -What it's wrong with r15332 is there is not such call to C. For sure I
> know SIP is a protocol, may be my description was not clear but this SIP
> diagram speaks by itself ;-)
>
> http://provision.netcelerate.net/ngrep/blindxfer2009-11-04rev15332.html
>

> -You could check the sofia debug for r15332 here:
> http://pastebin.com/m6f2b3836
>

> Best regards,
>
> Humberto
>

> > I don't know what you are talking about anymore.
> >
> > The scenario I had tested is when a call is bridged in bypass_media=true
> > bridge
> > and you blind transfer that call back to the dialplan
> >
> > as soon as it hits the routing state it will resume media.
> >

> > it has been confirmed to not work and confirmed to have been fixed
> several
> > time and if you are still having a problem you must have something
> blocking
> > some of your packets or something .
> >
> > You have to understand that sip is a protocol and your description is
> > completely non-standard.
> > Perhaps you should get a console trace and attach it to a jira. The trace
> > probably makes more sense to me.
> >
> > sofia profile internal siptrace on
> > console loglevel debug
> >
> > reproduce and attach the whole capture.
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Humberto Quintana wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I tried r15332 and set in the sofia profile:
> >>
> >> a) bypass_media_after_bridge=true only
> >> b) bypass_media_after_bridge=true, param name="media-option"
> >> value="resume-media-on-hold"/>
> >>

> >> In both cases FS is hanging up the initial call (A to FS) after
> accepting
> >> the REFER to C:
> >>
> >> A <- reINVITE with FS' SDP <- FS
> >> A -> 200 -> FS
> >> A <- ACK <- FS
> >> A <- BYE <- FS
> >>
> >> The call to C is not even tried.
> >>
> >> I found this line is the logs that could give some idea:
> >>
> >> 2009-11-03 18:29:41.280707 [NOTICE] mod_sofia.c:733 Hangup
> >> sofia/external/514xxxxxx at a.b.c.d [CS_ROUTING]
> [RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE]
> >> after sending the ACK for the reINVITE
> >>

> >> Regards,

> [...]