[Freeswitch-users] Newbie trying to setup Cisco 7940 phones

mkitchin.public at gmail.com mkitchin.public at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:19:04 PST 2009

I'm working on an alternative to a $120,000 Cisco phone system that my

company is looking at. I got Freeswitch installed on CentOS last week
using the Quick and Dirty instructions. That part was painless. We had a
few 7940s laying around. After some wrestling with it, I got the latest
SIP firmware installed and what I hoped was a functional config
(attached). X-Lite phones can call each other no problem. 7940s can call
X-Lite no problem. Anytime I try and call a 7940, it goes straight to
voicemail. I attached a log file that shows the activity when trying to
call a7940 from X-Lite.
X-Lite is at 10.86.10.58. 7940 is at 10.86.11.50. Freeswitch is
nshplpbx1.unix/10.85.0.53. Everything is on the same LAN. Different
subnets, but no firewalls.
I didn't see anything that said posting attachments was frowned upon. I
apologize if it isn't appropriate. I'm guessing this is something simple
and I'm just clueless on how to diagnose the issue.
I'm not tied to using this model for good, but it is what we had laying
around. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Next step is configuring
it to talk to Verizon VOIP over a DS3.

Thanks,
Matthew Kitchin