[Freeswitch-users] IP Phones with FreeSwitch

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Tue Nov 3 12:57:12 PST 2009

Hi again,

sorry to be here again !

OK, now that I know that 3Com phones and FreeSwitch don't mix, my next question is about Cisco !

I see that the FreeSwitch Interoperability list includes Cisco phones such as the 7940 and 7960.

I believe that these phones need user licenses to work with Cisco Call Manager.

What I'd like to confirm is that I would not need any Cisco licenses or anything else to get a Cisco IP phone working with FreeSwitch.

Again, I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone using either of these (or other) Cisco phones with FreeSwitch on whether any additional licenses or software are required to work with an "out of the box" FreeSwitch installation ?

regards
Dave