[Freeswitch-users] Help regarding configuration of FreeSWITCH to act as transparent proxy

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri May 22 05:37:19 PDT 2009

This is also interesting for me, as I love freeswitch, and maintaining a
single platform is easier, than handling various different ones.
In the past years I did a couple of projects with OpenSER /openSIPS.
These projects comprised:

    * registrar for the SIP user agents
    * handle invite messages (+ ringing, bye, ok, etc also of course)
      between registered user agents and user agents at external domains
    * rtp payload was a bit different from usual VoIP traffic (video
      parts, application sharing, file downloads etc.), but SDP was fine
      according to RFC, and OpenSER mediaproxy worked also
    * handling of peer-to-peer presence (SUBSCRIBE, MEASSAGE, OPTIONS)
    * The number of messages to handle was not that much (some thousand
      subs).

For my understanding this should also be possible with Freeswitch with
bypass_media. Right?

Best regards
Peter