[Freeswitch-users] help with mod_conference stability

Niall Crosby niall.crosby at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:37:43 PDT 2009

How would using the mod_event_socket compare to lua / javascript with
regards performance and scaling? (ignoring the client side of the
socket, just the Freeswitch side). Is there any performance issues to
placing a call into conference using with callflow from the
mod_socket?

N.

2009/5/14 Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org>:
> Its obvious if you look at the size of the JS VM vs the lua VM.. it would
> clearly scale better not needing megs and megs of ram per call vs about
> 160kb for lua.  Lua took about 20 min to learn and about an hour to get the
> finer points down.
> /b
>
> On May 14, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Stephen Crosby wrote:
>
> I keep hearing that lua is lighter weight / more scalable than javascript.
> I'd love to see some data that shows how big the difference really is. I
> could port all my scripts from javascript to lua, but it would require a lot
> of overhead (me learning lua + actually porting the scripts). I want to know
> how much benefit there really is to that.
>
> Brian West
> brian at freeswitch.org
> -- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com

Sremium Ltd.

Reg Number: 451937

Mobile: +353 (0)87 2393174
Web: www.sremium.com

privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail
may not represent those of Sremium. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.