[Freeswitch-users] Originate - using own uuid

Simon Tang simon at airg.com
Thu May 7 13:47:26 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I know there's a "feature" that allows us to create a uuid and then use
that uuid to do an originate (api create_uuid).  Is there any badness if
I don't do the "create_uuid" and just do the originate using my own
uuid.

I experimented and made the following originate call:

api originate
{origination_caller_id_number=16041234567,originate_timeout=60,originati
on_uuid=abcdefg}sofia/gateway/icall/16041234567 &park

...and this works, but just want to make sure if there's any badness of
doing so...that is, if I can guarantee that the origination_uuid I will
be passing in *WILL* be unique.