[Freeswitch-users] live iso image with freeswitch

xbipin bipin at xbipin.com
Mon Mar 30 09:18:06 PDT 2009

hi,

im really sorry if it sounded as if i was demanding, its a place where
every1 helps so i did the same thing, asked if any1 knew of any such live cd
image coz its been quiet some time and i havent reached anywhere with the
testing of FS coz the reason being, i can test it offline at my home but
that will be like a single client connecting to FS and again the issue
being, i live in a country where VoIP is blocked so cant even get FS to
register to a provider also. then how do i ever test it, so in reply i would
say i have a dedicated server and a proper VoIP setup with loads of clients
but i have been using Voipswitch on windows till date and they got a very
simple form of encryption which helps me bypass blocks and do the selling as
well as testing, so now if i install FS on my server then how can i still
test it in my existing setup coz the TLS, as discussed, is currently not
functional on the windows platform but works on linux which is like learning
a new thing from scratch, not that i cant, but will take up a lot of my time
to reach to a level where a normal VoIP user on linux is currently compared
to a windows user like me.

in this part of the world, there r many guys selling Voip etc but all they
know is of voipswitch as windows is what ppl know in this region. mayb i
might be the only one from the whole region mostly using and promoting open
source softwares like pfsense, opensbc and many such stuff and also might be
the only one who knows there r things like asterisk and freeswitch. i
searched like 75 outlets to get asterisk cards and all i got for an answer
is, what is asterisk.

living in this region and being able to test and try open source softwares
is not easy coz never 2 guys meet and end up talking something about linux,
pbx, softswitches etc coz no1 has ever heard of such things other than the
stuff whats running in the economy.