[Freeswitch-users] Multiple calls with PortAudio

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Mar 25 21:39:31 PDT 2009

This has occurred with a number of recent revisions. If anyone can reproduce
it or suggest debugging steps, I'll gladly supply more information. Jira isn't
convenient for me due to X issues at the moment, unless there's a way to
interact with it other than via a Javascript-capable Web browser.

FreeSwitch revision 12701.

Steps to reproduce

Make a call with portAudio to a SIP endpoint (I haven't tried it with other
endpoints):
pa call <destination>

Next, make another call:

pa call <other_destination>

Result: the party to the first call hears no music on hold, or possibly
broken/intermittent music on hold, and the second call fails to go through.

Where it hangs seems to vary, and sometimes it does in fact work. Often it
hangs before it reaches the calling state, suggesting that there's some kind
of locking issue involved.

I'll perform further testing. Meanwhile, if anyone else can reproduce it, this
may help.

Note that the second call often doesn't return an error; it just hangs
somewhere in the set-up process, e.g., init.