[Freeswitch-users] conference calling ideas

Steven Ward steve.d.ward at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:44:41 PDT 2009

If any can share some ideas, I'm looking at making conference calls simple
for the end-users of my FS system.

Here are some issues I'm kicking around:

1.  To create/join conferences - do you make a pre-defined list of
extensions, each of which would join the caller to a particular conference
room, or do you perhaps define one extension that will join the caller to a
dynamically-named conference room (perhaps after making a choice in an IVR)?

2.  How do you implement the idea of a conference leader - having a user who
must call into a conference first before anybody else can join?

Thanks for any ideas.

- SW