[Freeswitch-users] Starting Freeswitch at boot-time with rc.d script?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Mar 25 04:08:34 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm struggling to have Freeswitch start automatically in a Suse host
at boot-time through the rc.d script provided in SVN.

Here's what I did so far:
1. cp /usr/src/freeswitch/build/freeswitch.init.suse /etc/init.d/freeswitch
2. chmod 755 /etc/init.d/freeswitch
3. chkconfig freeswitch 345
4. chkconfig -l freeswitch
5. ln -s /usr/sbin/rcfreeswitch /etc/init.d/freeswitch
6. Edited /etc/init.d/freeswitch to correct the following two lines:

#FREESWITCH_BIN=/opt/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
FREESWITCH_BIN=/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch

#FREESWITCH_CONFIG=/etc/sysconfig/freeswitch
FREESWITCH_CONFIG=/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/freeswitch.xml

7. Ran the script: /etc/init.d/freeswitch start
[...]
Session Rate[30]
SQL [Enabled]
2009-03-25 11:54:56 [WARNING] switch_console.c:432 console_thread()
We've become an orphan, no more console for us.

=> According to the FAQ, running Freeswitch without a console
requires using the "-nc" switch. Should I edit the rc.d script
further to use this, or is the issue elsewhere?

Thank you.